Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Maybe an Opera Singer....

Yesterday I had some spare time on my hands (crazy I know, but one of the perks of being on ER) and I thought I would dust off some of my classical vocal pieces from college. You see, back in my glory days, when I did lots of other stuff besides work, I studied classical vocal music, which meant I sang a bit o' opera. Now, I'm what I would call a mediocre opera singer, not terrible, can usually hit the notes, but I imagine listening to someone like me is somewhat like watching amateur skating, you hope it goes well but you know that an inevitable and spectacular crash is in the near future...but since Baby P is literally a captive audience I figured I would do some serenading...



Turns out she loved it! I got lots and lots o' kicks when I was singing, more when singing then just playing the piano, but it was fun nonetheless! Maybe if I start her early she'll have a good sense of pitch like my hubby :-)

In side news, if you want to really get them ahead, you should probably use one of these.


haha, don't really...but funny if people actually buy this stuff!!!

Also, if you like blogs and want to see a better belly series, check out my friend Cate's blog it is fun :-)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Catie and Ken said...

that's so fun that baby responds to it!! Mine only responds to food. So...it will be a lot like his/her parents :) Keep on singin, you can be an opera lullaby singer when it's born.

And thanks for the shout out :)