Thursday, February 25, 2010



Early Morning Snow Day

My week was a bit unusual...I had the privilege of having my mom come visit...she and a good friend of mine are so sweetly planning a shower for me :-) So we did some shower planning, visited a VERY expensive baby boutique and looked at shoes for babies that are more than my shoes!!

But ran into an interesting lady, who was with a little girl with a feeding tube. My mom and I were standing (looking somewhat confused I'm sure) in front of oh, about 50 different car seats and she just starts chatting with us. Wants to know if it is my first, what I'm having, what names I have etc...She really wanted to talk is how it seemed. So we chatted and asked her if the little one with her was her first...turns out that the little girl had had a liver transplant just over a year ago and this was the FIRST outing that was not to the hospital for she and her mom. Kind of explained why she wanted to chat. You just never know what people's stories actually are.

Anyways, the week was also complicated by a HUGE testing snafoo. Seriously, let's just say paying $800 for a test doesn't guarantee that you will take it when you schedule it or that it will be fixed in a timely manner. Seems crazy to me!

But to end on a fun note, this morning, given the forecast of lots of snow and Mark's good ideas, we took a very early morning trip out to one of the parks and I went snow-shoeing and Mark did some AT skiing. It was beautiful and snowy...with no one but us (and our rambunctious dog). These are two pics, but we couldn't take more cause the camera was getting wet!


Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

bedeliap said...

so hardcore those Parretts!

chichick said...

That absolutely looks like tons of fun! What a great way to start the day plus Phoenix must have had a ball.