Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Few Shots of Around Here

These are from back when I was small....




So far it has been a great weekend (and it is only halfway!) I got to host a fun baby shower for one of the girls in my small group and help get excited about welcoming her little boy in the next few months. Mark and I went out to dinner for sushi in Park City and little peanut cooperatively slept the whole time. Baby K is a pumpkin and will be having an extended photo shoot later today (which I of course will post), and I have the best choc. chip cookie recipe. And I'm going to go to yoga this am and the climbing gym later today. Sweet.
Yup.
The Best.
Here it is if anyone is interested:

2 sticks butter (8oz) softened (I always use salted butter when I bake, but the recipe calls for unsalted)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sugar in the raw (turbinado sugar)
1 and 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 and 1/2 cup flour, all purpose
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz cholcolate cut into small chunks--they say 1/2 inch, but I typically like my cholcolate chunks smaller than that. They also say use the best quality you can--I usually by 3 giradelli chocolate bars that you find in the baking isle, usually 2x semi-sweet and 1x bitter sweet.
seasalt (I had to especially buy the kind with the big crystals especially for this recipe "coarse" sea salt)

Preheat to 350
Cream butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light 4-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times during the process. Continue mixing while adding the eggs one at a time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next. Add vanilla.
in separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. mix with wisk. with machine on low, slowly add all flour but just a little bit. Then add chocolate and remaining small bit of flour all together. Stir with spatula just until all is combined.

Then scoop and place on cookie sheet. No need to really press dough down. Since I usually can't get the salt crystals to stick on the top if I just sprinkle them one, I will usually put a little salt in the palm of my non-dominent hand and push the top of my cookie ball into it.

Bake at 350 x about 12 minutes. Do not overbake.

And here is a preview of the little pumpkin:



3 comments:

mikaela.levons said...

Hey P fam! How cute was our pal Kyla? VERY! She sorta looks like what I'd imagine if Mark turned into a baby girl pumpkin:)

chichick said...

Sweet little lips and eyelashes to die for!
Not a cuter pumpkin to be found. :)

catie & ken said...

you and i both need to do some blog updatin'! can't imagine what else we've been doing with our time :-D