Friday, October 29, 2010

Both Sides Now...

As of yesterday, we now have a bi-directional roller...front to back, back to front...
Big day in the Parrett house! We're going to have to start thinking about baby proofing and maybe expanding her play mat so she can roll around a bit more.

This weekend coming up should be fun :-) I'm off and don't have to be on call (woohoo!) and get to host a baby shower for one of the lovely ladies in our small group. She is having a little boy and we are doing a fun fall themed shower..be on the look out for more pictures of this. I went to target (with mark) and got some cute little boy stuff!

We also introduced Kyla to formula cause she is eating me out of house and home! The good news is she didn't even seem to blink an eye at the formula and now seems equally as happy with formula or breast milk. I had talked to various friends to find out what type people were happy with and settled on an organic one called "Earth's Best." Kyla, as I said, seems that she couldn't care less. All the worry about starting it to find out that she is totally satisfied with either!! That's just one more reason why she is my favorite baby. I think the build-up to starting formula was way more than the actual event. She just sat quietly and drank away like she always does; and now that she can drink it, it takes a bit of pressure off of me to feel like if I miss one time to pump at work she will not have enough to eat!

I started a new rotation (Gynecology oncology) and am loving it. There's lots of surgery, time for teaching, and interesting things about it. The hours have also been less brutal and there have been two mornings this week where I have actually gotten to see both Mark and Kyla-what a good treat!

Anyways, that's the brief update from me..oh, and it snowed!
Happy Friday!!

No comments: