Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting Big



Well it has been a while since I posted!! We have had some fun visitors, hit a few more milestones and just generally been cute as a button. Not that I'm biased or anything.
I realized I need to take more photos and not just on my iphone, so I can capture how fast this little one seems to grow. Just today I already had to go through her dresser to clean out all the stuff that is TOO SMALL for her now! Crazy because a lot of that stuff was too big when we first brought her home.
Last weekend Ann came to do a pre-Thanksgiving celebration and hang out with the little one...here are a few cute pics:

Seeming to enjoy tummy time (sometimes a rarity)

Hanging out with mom...

And then I like this pic b/c I think Mark and K look so much alike...and they have the SAME expression


We have also added some REAL FOOD to K's menu...our pediatrician who is of the appropriate mindset that most kids do just fine...says see what she likes over the next few months before she has to really get some eating done. So we started with some rice cereal which wasn't quite a big hit, but was tolerable BUT then added some prunes which are quite the delicacy. So Baby K has been learning about eating from a spoon which is fun for us, a bit harder on her clothes :-)
I also had a big weekend where I went out skiing!! First time since last winter. There were successes and failures on all accounts.
Here are the successes:
1. Returned home with all my toes and fingers
2. successfully got on and off the ski lift without any major mishaps
3. Successfully skied down a black run (accidently) b/c Mark took me that way
Failures:
1. Fell while standing still and had to have Mark take a ski off for me to be able to get up
2. Fell while on a cat track, all alone, and relatively flat
3. Did some complaining about the cold
HOWEVER all in, it was a good day and I got to rock my new skis...

Here are a few more cute shots of Baby K before I sign off for a bit...


These last couple shots have to be imagined with a high pitched continuous squeal in the background since that is the noise she is making....







In just a few weeks we are headed to Boston for my bro's wedding and are so excited to have K meet many new friends :) so look forward to photos in a few weeks and this weekend Tommy and Renee visited and they got a few good shots so we will add those too...

In the mean time, enjoy the holiday season! We have snow just piling up :)

3 comments:

chichick said...

I see your cheeks and smile, Amelia and Mark's eyes! She is a gorgeous combination of you two. :) OHHHHH, I am in desperate need of baby Kyla snuggle time. :)

mikaela.levons said...

Omp omp omp... that's me eating Kyla's cheeks this weekend! Yaaay! New friends are excited to meet her too:)

dave said...

too cute!