Blargh.
That's my thoughts on sleep training. So of course, there are as many theories out there about sleeping and babies as there are babies and each one claims to be the PERFECT solution for your crying, not sleeping baby. In the interest of speaking on this matter, I read the two diametrically opposed books: "Happiest Baby on the Block" and "Babywise." If the two authors ever met and tried to discuss baby-rearing, I have no doubt it would result in a mud fight with hair-pulling. Strangely enough, a similar thing occurs between parents who espouse one method or another...you are guaranteed an argument between someone if you bring up these two books and state yourself STAUNCHLY behind one or the other in a large group of parents. Relatively entertaining.
But the truth is, I think you gotta go with what works for your life and baby which could be one, the other, a combination, something in the middle. This being said, we are in the midst of trying to help Baby K sleep in a predictable schedule in her crib. Mostly because she is going to be heading to daycare in a week in a half and for me to be feeding/working, a good solid schedule will be VERY helpful. She did great (relatively speaking!) last night in her crib, but today, as evidenced by the following photos, seems completely willing to sleep ANYWHERE but her crib.
Also, note that she has almost completely wiggled out of a very snug velcro swaddle. Quite the escape artist!
Oh well, we'll keep trucking!
Also am in the midst of trying to get myself a bit back in shape...I had initially thought about documenting a "reverse bump" photo series, but decided it was a bit too depressing for me. I have done yoga once (!) only and will eventually try to get myself running, but right now the combo of too hot and feeling too slow are getting me down. So I'll keep walking for a bit longer...
4 comments:
Is she really passed out on the carpet or just hanging out for a while?
Funny.
How fun, a blog!
I was just reading a book on running and the chapter on running/losing weight post pregnancy had a great line: "9 months on, 9 months off."
Not that I have any experience with this matter, but I found it encouraging nonetheless. :)
What a sweet baby girl you two have, we'll come meet her soon!
She is so darling and there will come a time when that skill of sleeping anywhere will come in handy! :)
And hey - it won't be too long until you and your tiny tummy are reunited. You're doing great, hon!
Oh! Hang in there! All babies figure it out eventually, right?! But I know it must be hard with the impending day care and work schedule.
She is too cute. Ry HATES being velcro-ed in to those blankets! It's strange..he likes being swaddled but at some point likes to be able to stretch out, and if he can't, it wakes him up as though he were never nicely swaddled at all!
Post a Comment