Monday, July 26, 2010

The Penningtons to Visit! (And I'm two weeks old!)

We have had an eventful last week or so...Baby K took her first trip to the pediatrician and is putting on weight! She is now 7 lbs. 4 ounces so she is eating like a champ. She is not however, completely figuring out the whole day/night thing so Mark and I are trying to be patient.

We also finally installed AC in our house because with almost two straight weeks of temps close to 100 it was becoming TOO HOT! The AC has been an experience...we live in this old remodel with patchwork everything which has meant that we have had three visits from the AC guys and still AC not working upstairs...bleh. But we'll keep trying!

These past couple days our great friends from DC-Matt and Cherish came out to visit. They were a huge help and I was able to get out of the house to do some errands (work dictations, medical license application, health insurance stuff...) and leave little Baby K with them which was great. Not only is Cherish an art student/professional photographer, she also was a preschool teacher so she was GREAT with the baby and I am anxiously awaiting some pics that she took of Kyla and of the newly expanded Parrett family.

I'm going to post a couple of my pics, but be aware, the better photos are going to be showing up shortly. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the future because I know my pics aren't going to be as good!!



Cheri and Kyla have a crying face-off....


I'm awake!


Matt, discovering his inner Baby-Whisperer.


P-dog watching the baby.


Blowing raspberries...


I love cherish!

The next post will hopefully be slightly more timely, but if you have specific requests, let me know I'm happy to oblige!

No comments: