Saturday, September 17, 2011

Backyard Shenanigans

Ok. So this post starts with a quiz. The answer will be at the bottom:

Question: What is this plant?



This afternoon K and I enjoyed some fun time playing on the slide. Mark had purchased the slide a few months ago and it is amazing how much one slide can occupy K and any other kid who might be over.
She mastered the climb up the ladder (less a few big tumbles) and turned her focus to the more challenging path.
See below, I would equate her climb to sending a complex boulder problem.

1. Assess/Plan your route:



2. Begin your quest, stay focused on the prize:


3. Have friends take wicked action shots from different angles to highlight your skills:



4. Meditate in your greatness following your awesome send:



5. Reminisce about the route you just sent by wistfully looking into the distance:




I'd say she's ready for the big league, wouldn't you?

Back to Quiz....any guesses?????



Answer: CUCUMBERS.
I guess we have more of a yellow thumb than a green thumb? either way, these looked too radioactive to eat so we chucked them...makes me wonder what exactly is in our soil. Maybe we'll have better luck next year.

1 comment:

chichick said...

Amelia, you made me laugh and your daughter made my heart sing. Good stuff!!! Love, Grandma