This past weekend my parents were nice enough to drive out a car for us that we bought in Chicago...they came also bringing the most lovely drapes that my mom made for us :-)
She and I and a good friend of mine had spent HOURS at the fabric shop trying to find the perfect fabric...funky but a good compliment to the crib set.
They turned out so well!!! I'm only sorry that the pic with my mom and Mark turned out blurry!
Reading Corner (note the handmade quilt over the rocker...also courtesy of mom!)
Close-up of fabric...it matches thanks to the reasonable eyes of Cherish and Mom (don't ask how I did in picking out fabrics in high-school craft class...let's just say it didn't go well..)
Note the fun wire curtain rods...level thanks to Mark..
They also stuck around for an extra day and my dad cleaned up our lawn so it looks very well manicured...
We also have a few mirrors to hang up in the room and then we are SET. One target run later, a few more little things and my bags are packed.
I'm on vacation this week just catching up on fun stuff like paper filing, loan forms, licensing applications, a few pool days, possibly some shopping, and lots of reading.
I'm looking for book suggestions too so any thoughts you have would be welcome!
I have a drs appt this afternoon and am hoping for *some* news...Currently passing some time by watching Glee and remembering that I am a hopeless Broadway fan.
Phoenix says hi (she is too busy cuddling with Pedro to move).
Hope all is well!
1 comment:
I'm loving the glider & Mom-Sandy's coordinated, hand-made quilt! Nothing in the world beats hand-made baby gear, yaay! Can't wait to visit... soooomeday:)
Post a Comment