So before I bore you all with pics of our trip to Hawaii (!!!) I'm going to give my quick review of the following book:
Overall a good solid thumb's up-only a few caveats...
Tripp's main philosophy is very similar to that in the book "To Train up a Child" in practical application, he is just a bit less extreme.
Again, huge fan of consistency and the need for obedience from the kiddies. Also ok with small amount of physical punishment, but I think to a lesser degree than the other book.
Funniest parts of the book are by far the drawings...totally not necessary and kind of silly!
As for any big disagreements, I don't think I had any with him. I liked how much he stressed evaluating progress with your kiddos-checking in with your spouse to make sure you guys are on the same page and are happy with the direction the family is taking. He also does a good job describing the changing methods with the age of the child-and that appeal to conscience doesn't really work until they figure that out!
I would recommend this book over To Train Up a Child only because it felt less harsh/extreme to me, but I think the books fundamentally say the same time...be consistent, stress obedience, don't get angry...all things that I'm sure will ALWAYS be easy with kids! haha...
Anyone else have thoughts on this book?
1 comment:
This book did not advocate for the use of switches, thus I cannot give it my full approval.
Post a Comment