Thursday, February 09, 2006


Jean Shopping with my brother
So I should preface this whole blog with the comment that the LARGEST fight my brother and I have ever been in occured just about a year ago before we were about to embark on a jean shopping expedition. My brother and I, both relatively level-headed people actually started yelling before we got to the GAP. All of this resulted from my insistance that my brother be willing to try on any pair of jeans that I gave him. Now, I'm not a fashion guru, but I do have my foot in the style door and my brother is a handsome guy who needed some jean updating. So we shopped. And we shopped. And we shopped. We successfully tried on EVERY pair of jeans in the entire store. In fact, we tried some of the pairs on two, and even three times.
On the third time that he tried this specific pair of jeans on he cried, "SUCCESS!" And the whole store applauded our efforts. (Well not really, but that is what it felt like...)

Today we embarked again on a jean shopping extravangaza due to his HUGE amount of compiled gift certificates and I'm proud to say that there was no yelling, although at one point in time, Judd boogied in his much too tight jeans (that he was trying on only to reject..) to the "hip" music piped into the Banana Republic store.
The final booty for the day? Two hours of shopping? Two stores? Money left over? But one very sweet pair of khaki pants for my hard to please and ever thorough shopper brother. It was a success indeed.
Also, question for any male reader, at what level do you wear your pants? i.e. # of inches below the waist? Just curious....

2 comments:

bedeliap said...

who's heopin?

I agree, jeans should ride at the underwear line or below, but underwear should be accordingly low profile. at least 4-5 inches below the belly button. IF you have to pull out the hot wax, do it.

bedeliap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.