My mom bought some new books for K and they are cute-worth reading/buying/checking out if you haven't already.
1.

This is a cool book made sort of by accident. This artist who was home with her baby girl had this idea to make a scene surrounding her little peanut. What turned into entertainment for herself morphed into this neat neat book about baby's dreaming. Love it. She also has a cool blog: Mila's Daydreams.
2.

This author has won a bunch of awards for his simple, clearly stated, mini-moral dilemma books. Cute and education.
Also, I found out this week that not everyone knows about purple potatoes :-) I discovered them a few years ago when my hubby cooked them for me and they are SO fun to add to a dinner because they put an unexpected color on your plate. They are a bit sweeter than normal potatoes, but can be prepared pretty much the same. The bonus? If you boil them, the water turns this VIVID blue too. Lots of fun colors to use while cooking... see?

Here they are on the plate (And don't worry, I'm not humble-bragging about our AWESOME meal b/c the next night we ate Rumbi).
3 comments:
I used to sing about purple potatoes in old camp songs, but didn't realize they were real! Amayzing... wish I could taste some of his creations! I shall browse the blog instead:)
I've been wanting to check out mo willems! Heard such good things...
And now I'll have to check out purple potatoes too :)
And the daydreaming baby is so sweet, I saw some of the pictures a couple years ago and thought it was such an inspired idea...
Didn't know about the purple spuds. Will be looking for them. :)
Post a Comment