Sunday, May 02, 2010

Changes!

This weekend Mark and I spruced up the nursery :-) We did some cleaning, some painting, some taping and some serious assembling. The only glitch was in all the little parts, the crib peeps left out two small plastic pieces integral to the second drawer...so what you see is one drawer and to the right will be another drawer soon!

Here are a few before pics of the room:






We changed one red stripe to the chocolate brown, painted three walls a light sea-foam blue that matched the comforter and then painted one wall bright white. We're still waiting on a rocking chair and a little toy box, but here's what we ended up with! We also have all the little details; Mom is going to help with curtains and a few pillows, we are going to find some fun wall stuff, and eventually think we'll add a baby.



In the following picture, Phoenix is filling in as rocking chair:


And here's my 31 week bump photo to cap it off :-)


Many thanks for EVERYONE who helped contribute to this bedroom! We think it is going to be just perfect.
I'll be starting night float tonight so may occasionally blog at random hours, don't be worried, I'm only getting a little insomniac-ish, but apparently a body pillow should fix this...I'll keep you filled in!

8 comments:

Matt Trakker said...

Room looks great! Good color choices. Looks like nesting is coming along nicely. (BTW, this is your brother...decided it was time to finally leave a comment.)

Lauren said...

cuuute room! brooklin's room was a disaster when she was born... jaime was painting the trim while I was in labor. you seem much more prepared than I was!

mikaela.levons said...

Remember to name the body pillow Doug;) Loving the coordination! I say you submit this to HG TV or one of them;) You've moved from a basketball tummy to a "I stole someone's globe off their coffee table & stuck it up my shirt" tummy-- adorable:)

bedeliap said...

Matt Trakker? Ha hahahaha. What is up with the Robertsons and their blogger names.

chichick said...

Gorgeous room, cool mom and dad, quirky dog and a very wonderful bump! Couldn't ask for more!!

Matt Trakker said...

Wunderkind, I think you forgot the words in brackets in your comment: "and their [fantastic/creative/boundry-pushing] blogger names." Matt Trakker was the man in the mid-1980s.

Kim said...

Amelia, u are so incredibly cute and all tummy!! I love it (and you) :)

Chris Jones said...

love the pictures, nice stripes