Friday, December 01, 2006

One More Reason why Cigarette Smoking is Bad (as if we need anymore)

In the past month, there was a report of an Russian spy who was poisoned by an unknown assaliant. The means of death was a radioactive substance called Polonium 210. Being the ever-inquisitive (and easily distracted) med student that I am, I decided to do some research and find out a little about this substance.
So I went to my handy-dandy reference website (like WebMD but for doctors..) typed in Polonium 210 and waited with baited breath for my results.
Two results: Both of which pointed to the presence of Polonium 210 in cigarette tobacco.
I mean, let's be honest, cigarette smoking is LEGAL and yet it can also contain substances that directly POISON and kill people. I'm not against free choice or decisions, but this seems a little absurd.
I mean, REALLY absurd.
So just think about that the next time you light up.....

No comments: