
A Real Job Someday...
Every morning when I get up, I am faced with the ever difficult decision of what to wear. I'm not a picky girl, so for me, this means I look at the jeans on the floor from last night and see if they are too stretched out to continue wearing, OR if I should just throw on the sweatpants next to my bed. You see, I'm not really "employed" or "working for money" as many such people my age are. I, instead, am STILL in school. In fact, I am not even HALFWAY through my education...cause I am in "continuing" education, which at the moment, basically means I'm in school forever.
Thus said, my day entails.....wake up, drink coffee, fall asleep in at least one out of three lectures, spend VAST amounts of time by myself with no company but my textbooks, check my email 50 gazillion times hoping that one of the spams that I will receive will miraculously actually be something I want to read, check the Facebook and get my daily stalking in, see the latest celebrity fashion gaffs on go fug yourself, plan my bathroom trips to give me a break in the studying, stare out the window at the carefree undergraduates (or if I'm feeling especially bold, stare at the wall in the dank, windowless silent study room of the library...) then eat some lunch, and try to stay focused and awake for the afternoon.
Then I get on the bus with my backpack take it home and walk into our apartment. To check my email, clean up, start to study some more.....

And the crazy thing about this whole day? I am PAYING to do it. SPENDING money to have NO time for friends and sunshine and bees and tennis. Insanity.
Someday, I'll grow up, and not have to take a schoolbus to class, and actually get paid for my work AND when people ask me what is wrong with them I might actually be able to say something helpful....instead of just pointing out that they clearly have rhinitis (i.e. medical jargon for a runny nose).
Someday I will carry a briefcase instead of my old beat up black backpack from senior year of high school.
Someday I will be required to talk to people in my job instead of sitting quietly in a corner with my nose in a book.
Someday I will be REQUIRED to wear real clothes (unless its scrubs) AND have to brush my hair in the morning.
Someday, I won't have to pay to work....ahhh
Someday....
In the mean time, back to studying.....enough procrastinating...
4 comments:
Should I tell everyone why your jeans that you speak of from the previous night are so haphazardly thrown on the floor next to the bed as if their wearer had been desperate to get them off?
I feel like I commented-in at an inappopriate time...
Either way, I feel for you Amelia. Continuing education can sometimes feel so...endless! I however, think that not having to dress up for work is a wonderful and enticing thing about staying in school forever. I love my sweatpants.
I feel like I commented-in at an inappropriate time...
Either way, I agree with you continuing education can seem so endless. However, I think a wonderful and enticing aspect of it is not having to wear real clothes. I love my sweatpants.
Hah! I double posted - sorry!
Post a Comment