Friday, April 07, 2006



Ode to Dried Apricot.

Oh dried apricot
how i love your sweet taste
like candy
how i love your bright orange color
how i love to eat 20 of you in one day

oh dried apricot
how i hate you and your deceptive taste
how you make my stomach SO angry
how i hate your easily snackable nature
how i will never again eat 20.

this is a lesson learned the very hard way.
20 dried apricots plus one digestive tract are bad. very bad for everyone involved. i only dare you to try it.

7 comments:

Mucky Muck said...

20?? Ouch. I feel bad for Mark, too.

I once had an eating contest with some friends at McDonalds, back in the day (which was a Wednesday) when you could buy cheeseburgers for 39 cents. I ate 15 and my friend ate 20. Ouch.

bedeliap said...

The best part of this ordeal was when she was hurting and moaning and I was like, "you ate 20?! you do realize that those are actually whole apricots, they're just dried..."
Amelia: "no silly...they're not whole apricots, they're just little pieces"
Mark: "go check"
Amelia: "Holy crap I just ate 20 whole fruits..."

Mucky Muck said...

I hear that Immodium A/D works well...

bedeliap said...

hey can we get another blog?

Mucky Muck said...

Seriously. What he said.

Anonymous said...

but what you SHOULD eat is popcorn. at a movie theater. wanna go?

alright :)

Anonymous said...

i thought you said NEW POST on mark's blog?? so i checked and alas no new post. foiled again!