Thursday, March 30, 2006

So Nice Outside....
This one won't have any pictures, I'm in an academic mindset and we don't get pictures anymore in our textbooks of anything good...only charts and graphs and diagrams.
However, the academic mindset has prompted me to make an observation about why school is better than work.
Take today. The weather? BEAUTIFUL. I mean, cloudless blue sky, slight breeze, and a temperature hovering right around 68ish maybe even 70 in the sun. I have school today and had lectures all morning inside, downstairs, in the drabbest worst lecture hall ever. It makes me think of my grandparents basement on their "cottage" that was built in the 70s and upholstered in a "stylish" olive green. This being said, it is my afternoon that is so good.
Cause I took my work outside. That's right. I took my books, my notes, my gazillion notecards with every hormone listed on them that is possible (I'm taking endocrinology right now...) and I sat at a picnic table and studied outside.
I mean, when can you just tell your boss, "Hey, I'm just going to take my computer and go work outside, really." Let me know if he ever stops laughing at you.
Or maybe in a few years when I'm doing surgery I can just ask the very friendly intern if he would mind if we just did this one outside cause it is so pretty. HA that'll never happen.
Anyways, just trying to take advantage of my last few years as a student when I can actually, legitimately, do work outside.
And in honor of my text flow charts, I'm going to draw you one now:
Spring = Nice Weather = Sit outside = do work!

2 comments:

bedeliap said...

i think some doctors perform surgery in the outdoors.
"Coathanger please".

Anonymous said...

"yes the picnic cloth will work fine. but i need something to stop the bleeding."


sad for me, sad for me....i don't even have a window in my office :(